News about cult and sci-fi television shows and films from around the world. May include spoilers.

Friday 28 August 2009

The Blob Returns Again


Cult horror movie The Blob is to get another remake by director Rob Zombie. The orginal film gave Steve McQueen an early starring role. The last remake was in 1988 by director Chuck Russell. Talking about the project Zombie said, "My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing - that's the first thing I want to change. That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now.

"I'd been looking to break out of the horror genre, and this really is a science fiction movie about a thing from outer space. I intend to make it scary, and the great thing is I have the freedom once again to take it in any crazy direction I want to."

www.culttvnews.blogspot.com
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: